Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"I want to ride my bicycle. I want to ride my bike."

Hans has been riding a bike to school ever since 1999. And in all that time he has never worn a helmet until last week. He could just never find the right one and he thought people who wore them "looked pretty dorky." (I admit that I think fashion does play a part when it comes to accessorizing a bike or any sport, but I was surprised when Hans agreed with me.)
What brought about the change of heart in Hans? The concern of his running buddies Mark & Scott and Mark's sweet wife Stacey.
Hans spent a whole day looking for the right one, (luckily bike helmet fashion has come along way since 1999.) and found this little sweetheart. It's a Giro Flak and this one so happens to be called "Red Creep." One of his students told him that his helmet was "Pretty B$%&@#in''!"

8 comments:

Scott said...

That is disappointing to me, because I was really hoping to see Hans in a really dorky helmet. I'd rather have my dreams shattered than his noggin, I guess.

Jill said...

Lucky....

Michelle said...

That's hillarious! I like that it's called "red creep," it's just a funny name!
By the way, what does Hans teach?

Stacie said...

Yes, that looks pretty B*&^%#%n to me!

Mason Roland said...

Wow thats a sweet one alright. Did his student really say that?

Hans said...

Yes, he did say that. We have a small, intimate class (11 students) on technology entrepreneurship.

Summer said...

I happen to agree with Scott. I am so disappointed that he has a #%^&(^%% helmet. I expected something a little less red.

Hans said...

It was between red (I didn't like the creep thing, but I liked the metallic shine) and silver. But this one was on sale, so that broke the tie. But yes, the dorky helmets were not in the decision pool.