Thursday, October 2, 2008

lovey dovey paintings

I do not claim to be a connoisseur of art, but I love to look and enjoy the beauty of it all. These 3 paintings are just gorgeous and the artists captured the moment so brilliantly, that I thought I would share them with you.


The Price's Choice
Thomas Reynolds Lamont

Garden of Eden
Briton Riviere

The Painter's Honeymoon
Frederic Leighton

The Painter's Honeymoon awoke my love for Renaissance art. I am utterly amazed at how life like her dress and his hands looks. That is truly a gift from God to be able to compose such a masterpiece.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm with you. The dress is amazing in that painting. And I have loved that garden of eden painting since high school. Do you remember that they had it in that one shop in the Forum where I got my poesy ring and they had that beautiful sapphire ring....

Jean Smith said...

so where is the "so i am 30...part 2?!?!? are your old decrepid fingers too tired to type?

anyway, just had to say that i love that you posted about this art. i am secretly obsessed. ever since i took an ap art history class in high school...

Michelle said...

I love that style of art as well. It is so inspiring to me. I was surprised how much I fell in love with renaissance art when I studied it in college. I remember very little about what I studied, but looking at those pictures again is such a sublimely beautiful, fresh breath of air to me! Thank you for sharing!

5boystokiss said...

They are having a down town art viewing in St. Paul this weekend. Never been before but your pictures are putting me in the mood! I am excited to see some beautiful art.