Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween 2008

I've been on a picture taking hiatus, which to the photography world could be considered going AWOL.
My reason is sad, but true. For my birthday, I was given some extra money, Hans & I did some research and decided to make the jump to buy a sweet Nikon D80. I won a bid Ebay from a reputable seller and alas, to this day it never came. My guess is that it's at AREA 51, in a warehouse some where next to the Arch of the Covenant and a crystal alien skull. Don't worry, I am Paypal insured and have already filed a dispute, so I should be getting a full refund in the next couple of weeks and again I will attempt to buy a Nikon D80, probably not from Ebay, (you know how it goes, "Once bitten twice shy.")
So for Halloween I documented it with these 2 pictures.

Conrad the Mad Scientist, Riley, I mean Luke Skywalker (I made the cloak), & Amelia a bunny fufu (I made the tail out of a feather boa.) Hans & I wondered if her costume could be considered a little scandalous, but I think her little toddler tummy keeps it G rated.

So I need to buy a camera, where should I go, other than Ebay? I want a good deal and online is probably prefurable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my Pentax K10D and my tamron 18-250 lens from www.beachcamera.com.

Stacie said...

I LOVE Halloween pictures! And don't worry, with a cute little belly like that, I see bunny fufu and not bunny playboy written all over!

Nikki said...

I love the Halloween pictures!

. said...

Total bummer about the camera! Thank goodness for Paypal guarantees. Amazon.com has some great daily deals from time-to-time, but it is all about the timing. I have also heard some retailers are posting their Black Friday ads online...if you are up to waiting a couple of weeks. Love the costumes...super cute!

i said...

hope another camera ship comes in soon. cute pics though!